Best feeling in the world? So, we all have a different response for this, but for me, one of the absolute best feelings is knowing that you have made a difference in someone else's life. Last night was my monthly support group meeting down at the U. I love going to these because it is awesome being in a room filled with people that know your struggles, have walked along the same hard path & been down the road of failed diets & harsh criticism. I love hearing about other people's experiences. What they have learned, what helps them. I love sharing my opinions & struggles. I love the genuine smiles on the faces of people when I walk in.
Last night after the meeting ended, a lady I met at a new patient seminar I spoke at in March came up to me to say hello. She has started the 6 month process to prepare for surgery. She was so excited to see me & told me that because of what I had said when I spoke at the seminar, she decided she did have the strength to go through with this and that she was so excited to change her life. She told me that she thinks of me often on days that she is scared and underestimates herself. Truly, what an honor. It makes me feel so good to hear words like that and to know that I am making a difference. This is my life's calling. I have never had a passion before. I always wanted to have one, something that drives you, picks you up, makes you feel empowered. But before now, nothing ever tickled my fancy. Now, I have a passion & am serious about wanting to work for my program. Become a patient advocate. On staff to answer questions and help those who need it along the way. It is the perfect calling for me. I have virtually pleaded and begged them to give me a job. I am not too proud to beg. I LOVE to talk and the idea of getting paid to do it makes me giddy with excitement. I gotta make this happen! Oprah says if you think about it and want something enough, you can make it happen. Come on Oprah logic...don't let this girl down!
No comments:
Post a Comment